Update: Back to regular review policy with a single exception. I will occasionally accept tour books, for now. I still have some challenges ahead of me and I just don't know what's to come, so I'm taking 2020 one day at a time and will return to not accepting books if I can't keep up. My most-wanted books, at this time, are children's because I love them (picture books, middle grade, whatever) and like to pass them on to local schools, which are always in need. And, I will always read anything WWII -- fiction or non-fiction.
Happy New Year!
1. No e-books, PDFs or self-published books will be accepted, ever. I tried electronic books and discovered that I need and desire a solid book in hand, the ability to mark passages with Post-its, the feel of placing a bookmark inside a book and the satisfaction of closing a book when done. The only exception to this rule is self-published, bound books by friends or relatives. If you don't already know me, sorry.
2. I do not review books that require a post on a specific date, aka "book tours" or any other scheduled reviews, nor will I post specified content. My blog, my content.
3. Any books accepted for review are subject to being ditched if they don't work for me. If I choose to DNF (Did Not Finish) a book, I reserve the right to say nothing at all about the book.
4. This is a new condition: If I accept a book for review, a "review" may consist of something as minimal as a single paragraph. You can say quite a bit in less than 50 words; I've discovered that during the times I've written "month in review" posts. But, don't ask me to review a book at all if you're not willing to accept very brief thoughts.
5. I reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
Thanks for visiting my blog!