This last few weeks has been a bit of a train wreck. And, the year started out sooooo good. So, when everything seems to be going very badly, the thought is . . . it can only get better, right? Well, let's cross fingers and pray that's the case because my cat is not looking any better and my mother does, indeed, have cancer again. It's "a weird one" because it's a bone cancer but the cancer was not found in bone; even her doctor was baffled as to what exactly that means. Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming.
On to the "wahoo" thoughts because, damn, I need 'em big time.
1. Wahoo and "Thank you, Lord" and wow, that was a close one - The husband flew on Air France out of Atlanta on the 12th of May. Anyone heard about the fellow with a dangerous type of tuberculosis? The one who flew out of Atlanta on Air France on the 12th of May? Not on the spouse's flight. Wahoo for that! I'm thinking about tying him up to keep him home, anyway.
2. Finally! We have a tomato!!! Okay, it's only one tomato and it's kind of tiny (note that cropping the photo makes it look gigantic by comparison with real life), but at this point that's about a $5 tomato, if we don't grow a few more, so I'm just going to say that's a big positive sign that there will be more where that came from - at least enough to get us down to maybe $1 per tomato. Which would still be pretty funny, wouldn't it? Wahoo, anyway.
3. I can't remember what type of flower this is:
I remember planting the bulb; I just don't remember the name. Still, I was very happy to see that it bloomed, today, because some days you just need to see pretty things. It's a very wahooey flower.
4. Wahoo for the luck of the draw. I ended up seeing a doctor who suffers from migraines, today, so I've got some painkillers waiting for me at the pharmacy and I can bank on at least being able to squelch the pain if I get a migraine while I'm waiting for either a referral to a neurologist or an appointment with the old one (which would mean a drive to the Gulf Coast - like I'm going to complain about that). That's a big wahoo, all right.
5. Wahoo for all you wonderful, supportive bloggy people. I love you all. I'm feeling totally gushy because this has definitely been a suck week but I awoke to a whopping 15 messages, this morning, and I felt wrapped in a blanky of love. Thanks so much for all the support!!!
6. One last beautiful sight and then I'm off to finish the laundry and soak in a tub . . . a little bird that peeked over the edge of our roof while I was snapping photos of a squirrel munching on a blade of grass - which was also pretty darned cute. Here's the bird:
He or she was entirely gray, so I'm guessing this is a youngster. There were two of these adorable birds flitting around together, but I only managed to capture the one. And, I'm quite happy with the results.
Wishing everyone a truck-load of wonderful, wahooey moments,