This week's drawing is all about history. Only one book is nonfiction and I didn't finish it because I found it a bit disjointed, but that doesn't mean other readers will have trouble with it, of course. Two are advanced readers and the rest, apart from the Philippa Gregory book (which was purchased used), I would classify as "pristine" or very close to it. I handle books very gently.
The Big Box of History Rocks contains the following books:
1. A Civil General by Stinebeck & Gill (ARC)
2. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (ARC)
3. The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander
4. The Yokota Officer's Club by Sarah Bird (unread -- accidentally bought 2, oops)
5. Two Brothers: One North, One South by David H. Jones (autographed)
6. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (used, with a lined spine but in good condition)
7. Hurricane of Independence by Tony Williams (non-fiction - this was my DNF)
8. To Catch the Lightning by Alan Cheuse
I had to stop to make certain they all fit in the box and the answer is "yes". Actually, there's a tiny bit of air space, so I'll see if I can find anything else to throw in. Don't bank on it, but you never know. I'm really in the mood to get rid of things.
Here the rules to enter:
1. Leave me an email, so I can contact you if you win. This one's crucial.
2. Tell me what, if anything, you'd like to see me change on my blog. If you can't think of anything, just tell me a nice, clean joke.
3. Eat your veggies. I'm kidding, you can skip this one but I care about your health.
Once again, this drawing is open to anyone in the world because it's a thank-you for visiting me. I don't require twitters or posts about the blog, but you can share the love if you'd like. I've been kind of lonely in here, this week.
I'm not making this a sticky post, but I'll try to remember to post reminder links. The drawing will be held Friday, February 6 so that I can pop this big old box in the mail on Monday (or try to -- I have a big problem with Mondays, actually). Good luck!!