Reasons/excuses why I haven't caught up on blog-hopping, posting awards, memes, reviews and the latest giveaway:
1. It was in the 70's in Mississippi, today -- sunny, breezy and mostly perfect, if a bit noisy. I spent part of my day on the porch, reading. I'm really curious where the local rooster is located. Seriously, I've been hearing "cock-a-doodle-doo" noises for months. We're on the edge of a rural area, but it's pretty well built up so the sound of a rooster is definitely surprising.
2. The cat needed me. When I woke up, she was comfortably curled up on my legs. Mustn't disturb the feline, so I read for a while in bed, also. I finished Grace for the Afflicted by Matthew S. Stanford, Ph.D. It is awesome. More on that later. Whenever I get around to catching up, that is.
3. When I finally got on the computer (and that took quite a while), the internet went kaput. That, my friends, is a valid excuse.
4. I'm still working on filling up our new utility-room cabinets. The husband made one heck of a mess, piling things willy-nilly into -- and essentially burying -- the breakfast nook. First order of the day was forging a path to the window because I simply do not function in a cave; I had to open the blinds.
5. Errands. Chores. Bills. Blah.
The kitty pictured above is Mamasita, the resident cat at Off-Square Books in Oxford, Mississippi. Isn't she lovely?
I'm thinking maybe the next drawing will be for A Big Box of History Rocks (fiction and non-fiction). What do you think?
Bookfool, aka Excuse-Generating Machine