I thought about posting a "sorry I haven't posted" post, last night, but I was just too tired. The heat, the school activities, the housework . . . it's all rather exhausting. So, this was our weekend:
1. Eldest son comes down so that we can use his truck to bring home cabinet and ditch ugly, old couch. Meet in Jackson.
2. Hardware store closes before we get there.
3. We have nice dinner and go to bed very late.
4. Everyone wakes up early to go to the city-wide pep rally at the outlet mall (see photos, below).
5. Guys take couch to rescue mission and dash off to get cabinet and new table/chairs for breakfast nook.
6. A whole lot of shoving of possessions and tossing-out takes place.
7. New table looks great, but guys could only fit 2 chairs in truck so we admire our two chairs.
8. Old table is put in living/dining area of boring old, poorly-designed ranch house for youngest to use as study table.
9. Everyone sleeps far too late on Sunday.
10. Drive to Jackson to get the other two chairs after eldest leaves. This involves emptying the Toyota trunk and then fitting the two chairs into it like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that are not, in fact, supposed to go together.
11. Wake up and realize eldest son has accidentally taken his brother's school notebook.
12. Rush call to eldest, telling him to hurry-up-quick and scan youngest son's homework.
13. Youngest arrives at school and realizes he doesn't have his ID.
14. Sit at computer, load pictures, become suddenly aware via watering eyes and much yawning that it may be time for a nap.
15. Before I go . . . here are some photos from the pep rally. Hope to get to a review or two, later. But, don't hold your breath. I'm really tired, today.