Saturday, May 03, 2008
6 Random Things About Me
CJ tagged me for this meme and, since I'm trying to cool off and stop thinking about my mosquito bites after attempting a temporary roof fix (I failed dismally -- will try again, tomorrow, and hope that the red wasp goes away), I figured it's a great way to distract myself.
6 Random Things About Me:
1. I inherited a terrible, terrible malady from my paternal grandmother: I'm a packrat. I'm trying to undo the damage from years of clinging to Stuff and it's like digging a hole to China with a baby spoon.
2. My husband and I once spray-painted a car in our garage using a government-reject gas mask to keep from inhaling the fumes. We painted our Volkswagen Jetta flat silver and everywhere we went, people asked us if it was a DeLorean. Jettas were boxy and angular back in the 80's, but still . . . didn't look like a DeLorean to either of us. The paint job turned out great, though, and the car was cute.
3. This is so embarrassing. Honestly, I hope nobody reads this one . . . just skip on past. I once bought a Bay City Rollers album and I can still sing the lyrics to Saturday Night. In case you're not familiar with them, here they are in all their fashion and hairdo horror:
4. I was named after my mother's high-school best friend. I've seen photos of my namesake, but I've never met her and never visited Washington, the state in which my mother attended high school.
5. I never, ever eat chicken with my hands. I cut it off the bone with a knife and fork. Everyone else seems to consider chicken "finger food". I'm lucky to talk myself into eating it at all.
6. My dream home is a log cabin in the Colorado Rockies. I love mountains and gurgling streams, dry, cold air and the smell of pine. And, I adore snow and the wild animals you see in the area (provided I'm not in a tent, on the ground, imagining the sounds of a bear snuffling just inches away -- that bothers me).
I don't know who has completed this meme and who hasn't, so I'm just going to randomly tag a few people and say, "Feel free to ignore the tagging."
Hez's Mom and Knitting Enthusiast Carrie
Chris the Fantasy Freak and Tremendously Cool Dude in New Orleans
Teddy Rose, Who I Adore Because She Obviously Loves Animals
Trish in Dallas, Whose Cat is So Cute I Keep Hoping for More Photos (hint)
Heather, Who Has Beautiful Kiddies and is Not Going to Let You Forget It
Gotta go. This day has done me in and I completely forgot to feed my teenager. Oops.
Bookfool, aka Lonely Airhead with Invisible (riiiiight) Teenager