Thanks to all who tagged me for the following awards/memes, especially for showing remarkable patience! Also, please forgive me if I neglect to mention it if you tagged me for one of these because I just finally figured out a good way to keep track of all those taggings -- up till now, I've been relying on my faulty memory.
I was tagged for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Tara, Heather and Jenclair:
7 things I did before:
1. Read (always)
2. Played four musical instruments
3. Painted in oil and acrylic and sketched
4. Ran regularly
5. Wrote long, heavily-anecdotal letters (the kind you mail with stamps)
6. Traveled to Colorado on vacation every 2 years (pre-marriage)
7. Wrote fiction daily
7 things I do now:
1. Read (yeah, always)
2. Blog, blog, blog
3. Make bookmarks
4. Feed, clean up after the cat and two guys
5. Photograph birds
6. Photograph lizards
7. Photograph anything and everything else I see
7 things I want to do:
1. Go back to school to get that Master's degree
2. Get paid to do something I'm good at
3. Take more risks
4. Summon up the courage to occasionally call my sister
5. Follow up the Master's degree with a doctorate
6. Travel to Australia, Italy, Ireland, Switzerland, Spain, New Zealand . . . I could go on
7. Return to hanging out with actual, three-dimensional humans on occasion
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Sense of humor
3. The ability to listen (poor hubby really needs this ability -- actually, what he's good at is ignoring all that mindless chatter)
5. Ability to think independently
6. Love of life
7. I have a thing for brown eyes and a nice smile
7 Favorite Foods:
1. spaghetti with caper sauce
2. cheese ramekins (a souffle) with asparagus
3. grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches
4. steamed vegetables of any kind with corn bread
5. thick, melty Mexican dishes (without meat)
6. pasta salad
7. veggie pizza
7 things I Say Most Often:
1. I beg your pardon?
3. Come on, Kitty. Time to come inside. Please. Come on, Kitty. Spooky, get your butt in here!
4. Love you!
5. Drive carefully!
6. What kind of homework have you got, tonight?
7. What else can we get rid of?
I was tagged for the Bookworm Award meme by Heather and Teddy Rose:
The rules: Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following.
The following quote is taken from A Primate's Memoir by Robert M. Sapolsky:
I had spent all of college in the dormitories subsisting on the horrid purple-flavored yogurt that was their sop to the vegetarians, and during the vacation breaks when I had stayed in the dorm, my forays into preparing food on my own had consisted of going to the local grocery to buy purple-flavored yogurt. I was living on rice and beans and cabbage in camp, occasionally even managing to cook them adequately. I hadn't a clue what to do with the zebra leg.
Pretty intriguing, eh?
And, I was tagged for the Four Things Meme by Care, whom I could have sworn tagged me for another of those awards (if so, I can't locate the post):
I'm having a spacing problem with this one, so you get The Joy of Commas, as well.
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
Accountant, Bookstore Clerk, Waitress, Humor Columnist
Four Movies I Can Watch Many Times:
Ladyhawke, About a Boy, Sense & Sensibility, Galaxy Quest
Four Places I’ve Lived:
Kansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Michigan
Four TV Shows I Love(d):
Emergency!, House, M.D., Firefly, Northern Exposure
Four Places I’ve Vacationed:
England, Hawaii, Alaska, Maine
Four Novels (or series) I have enjoyed rereading:
The Count of Monte Cristo, Desiree, The Maltese Falcon, A Little Princess
Four Websites I Visit Often: Animus3, Other blogs, Google Reader, Blackle
Four Places I'd rather be right now: Australia, Italy, Wales, Hawaii . . . but, really, I'm fine right here, at the moment
Feel free to tag yourself, if you've missed any of these and want to play along!!
I have to go soak, now. I'm not human if I don't get my bath. Nighty night, everyone!