Here it is, finally! The recipe you've all been waiting for!! Pork chop image found here.
Baked Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon
from How to Lower your Cholesterol with French Gourmet Food by Chef Alain Braux
In France, cooking pork with apples is a wonderful way to add sweetness to an otherwise bland meat. It is a tasty and warming Autumn dish.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
4 medium pork chops
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c. dry white wine
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 celery leaves
4 bay leaves
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
2 celery stalks, chopped fine
1 Tbsp butter, cut in small pieces
1 Tbsp brown sugar
4 oz. grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter an ovenproof enameled cast iron or glass pan.
- Place your pork chops in the pan, leaving a little space in between; pour wine over pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top each chop with a celery leaf and a bay leaf.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the diced apples, the chopped celery, butter and brown sugar. Add this mix to the pan with the pork chops, placing some of the mix between the pork chops.
- Bake together for about 30 minutes (depending on the size of your chops). Check for doneness.
- Take the pan out of the oven. Set your oven on broiler. Take out the celery and bay leaves. Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over your pork chops. Put back in the oven and broil until the cheese is melted and turns golden brown.
Voila - c'est magnifique! (<------I wrote that part). Enjoy!