New Review/Blogging Policy - updated August 7, 2013:
1. I review only paper/cloth books. No e-books, ever. I tried electronic books and discovered that I need and desire a solid book in hand, the ability to mark passages with Post-its, the feel of placing a bookmark inside a book and the satisfaction of closing a book when done.
2. I am no longer accepting books for review on specific dates, aka "book tours" (unless I deliberately seek out a particular book and that's the only option). Those that have already been scheduled will still appear on the correct date.
3. Any books accepted for review are subject to being ditched if they don't work for me. If I choose to DNF (Did Not Finish) a book, I may write about it in a DNF post with other books that I did not complete. However, I reserve the right to say nothing about the book at all.
4. I will happily continue to accept unsolicited books and review them when I'm able (but, again, reserve the right to say nothing if I DNF a book). I will not, however, hand out my address for unsolicited books. I'm just going to stick with those who already have my name on a list.
5. I reserve the right to read what I want to read when I want to read it. I'm a very moody reader. While I try to read all review books in a timely manner, sometimes it will take me months to get to a particular book.
6. Since my reading, blogging and internet time have been limited, I must limit the number of books I accept.
I am not currently accepting books for review. Feel free to ask - occasionally if a book description really blows me away, I may change my mind, but my intent is to not accept anything at all for a while. I do not ever accept erotica or other sexually explicit material for review, nor true crime.
7. My 7th bloggiversary has come and gone. Occasionally I have the urge to walk away. I'm not the slightest bit tempted to give up blogging at the moment but if I ever do decide to give up the blog, I'm going to walk away without looking back. If you choose to send me a book, that's part of the risk.
8. I'm addicted to books, so I'll never stop reading and writing about them. Even if I give up the blog, I'll still be writing reviews *somewhere*. At the moment, I'm hooked on Goodreads, so if I walk away from blogging I'll still post my thoughts -- or, at the very least, a rating -- at Goodreads.
To request a review:
You may write to me at bookfoolery at gmail dot com. I do not guarantee that I will reply because of time constraints. However, if I'm interested, I will definitely contact you within 2 weeks.
My content at Bookfoolery is mine and mine alone. No advertisements, guest posts or additional content will be allowed at Bookfoolery. If you request a review, you will see a review if I finish the book (meaning if it doesn't become a DNF) but I will not post contests, interviews or other information, unless I choose to do so.
I love books but I don't love only books. I'm still working on the direction of my content because I'm at a weird, in-between stage in my life, having just moved and empty-nesting without a job to keep me busy. Hence the potential to walk away. But, right now I'm happy just altering my direction a little.