Yes, folks, it's Wahoo Wednesday, again!!! Exciting, yes? Even if it's a little late in the day . . .
Five Reasons to Say Wahoo!, Today:
1. Butterflies - even the kind that won't sit quietly and pose with their wings open. They're miracles. See An Obsession With Butterflies for further info about just how surprising (and kind of disgusting) butterflies are. I've learned that some butterfly species sit with their wings closed, as a general rule, and some with their wings open. This fellow, at left, is "nectaring". Cool. I chased him all over the garden and he was one swift-moving little devil.
2. Miss Lottie - You don't know her unless you live in or around Warren County, Mississippi, but Miss Lottie is the children's librarian here and she is a jewel, one of those rare gentle spirits whose existence make one feel a little happier and lighter. When my children were small, they were noisy and couldn't sit still. Not once did Miss Lottie ever give them a harsh look during story hour. Not once. She is a lovely, lovely human.
3. Music - Like books, we all have our own preferences, of course. Isn't that wonderful, in and of itself? I can only listen to music in brief spurts, now that I have a weird ear condition that occasionally makes me hyperaccusive (sensitive to noise), but I still take joy in the moments that I can pop in a CD and sing my heart out.
4. Hugh Laurie - Especially Hugh Laurie doing a flawless American accent during which his character segues into a typical moment of snarkiness requiring the injection of an Australian accent. The man is so talented, witty, humble, and sexy. And, it's even sexier that he doesn't seem to realize that he is all of those things. The photo is a page from this month's In Style magazine, plunked into a frame and plopped onto my futon. Lots of plunking, plopping and snapping going on, around here.
5. The 70's - both the memories from that decade and the outdoors when the temperature hits that range (which it did today in our area, albeit briefly).
Peace, Joy, Love, and Piles of Books to You