It has been eons since I've been tagged in a meme, so I was very excited when Care tagged me. You can read the questions she was asked by Trisha in her post.
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!
I stole this from Care:
Questions Care wrote for me to answer:
1. Tell me about any letters you’ve written lately to a friend just for the heck of it? Zippo! Okay, I have written a couple notes that I tucked in with little gifts I sent to people, but I don't know if those really count. Do they?
2. Do you have a favorite beer? Rootbeer. Apart from hard cider, I really don't touch alcohol. I know, weird.
3. If you ever write a book (or if you have), which genre would it be/is it? I've finished 3. They were general fiction and they sucked. I'd like to write historical fiction but I am Seriously History Stupid. However, I'm strongly considering studying up on my favorite time period and giving it a whirl.
4. What is your favorite dish to cook? I tend to like things that come out of a box, but only because I hate my kitchen so . . . I'll say pumpkin bread, since I had fun cooking that in Care's house.
5. Didn’t Trisha ask some awesome questions? Why yes, she surely did. In fact, I wanted to answer a couple of them like, "What's your favorite piece of art?" but I'd have two answers (my favorite in my home and my favorite by a famous person).
6. How would you have answered Trisha's Question No.9, "What book would you absolutely hate to see get parodied?" I can't think of anything I'd hate to see parodied. If someone wants to play with a classic, they can have at it. That doesn't mean I'll read it, though.
7. Do you have a favorite number? 7, the Biblical number of completion. But, on the other hand, 7 bothers me because my dad died on the 7th day of the 7th month. To continue with a bit of circular thinking, I suppose I could say, "Obviously, God decided his life was complete." But, I would be ready to argue with myself as soon as that came out of my mouth.
8. Tell me a nonfiction book idea subject that you think I should write a book on because there isn’t one already? Uh . . . um . . . Tell you what. I'll get back to you on that.
9. Did you like my answers to No. 5 for book that should be H.S. curricula? I agree that The Book Thief would be an excellent choice, but The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is a book I haven't managed to wade through, yet, so I can't say. I do think Murakami is awesome and at least some of the short stories in After the Quake would be worth teaching. A few of the stories would call out the book burners from their caves, if you know what I mean.
10. Red or white? Red dress, white walls.
11. Would you be embarrassed to receive a postcard with artwork by Dali? ya know – the erotic variety? I have some if you want one. I’m kinda embarrassed to send. Not if I didn't happen to know my postman so well, but I do . . . also, I'm in Mississippi. They might kick me out of the state for receiving erotic postal material.
And, now my 11 questions:
1. What's the best book you've read, so far, in 2012?
2. Name a memorable event that made you gasp or which was so shocking that you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing.
3. Who is your favorite poet?
4. Have you read anything by Simon Van Booy? What did you think?
5. If someone offered you the money to go somewhere, but it had to be either Ireland, Italy or Australia, which would you choose?
6. Fairy Tales or Folk Tales?
7. Do you have pets? If so, what kind of animals and what are their names?
8. How many bloggers does it take to change a light bulb?
9. Are my reviews too long?
10. Mountain retreat or sun-drenched island?
11. What is the most interesting object in this photograph?
I think everyone I know has been tagged, already, but I want some people to answer my questions!!!! So, I'm just going to ask anyone who drops by to please answer the questions in the comment section -- or, feel free to tag yourself and continue on at your own blog! Isabel climbing down from a high window, above, will serve as my belated Fiona Friday pic. Yesterday was a long day and I was too tired to post. Happy weekend to all!