- We have finally started spending the night at the new house. Yay!
- We have internet service there. Woot!
- My laptop is a piece of junk so it's nearly impossible to post from the new house (I'm in the old one, at the moment). Boo!
- Hopefully, we'll have the desktop moved over within the next couple of days. We're moving the kitties to the new house tonight! Wahoo!
- If I can find the time, I'll bang out some mini reviews, this week. But, we may have a hurricane shutting us down. Ack!
- Then again, you never know which way those storms will turn. So, we might very well be just fine. Squeee!
- We had coffee on our new patio, this morning. Too awesome for words!
Best news of all:
The second round of medical tests all came back *negative* for the nasty auto-immune disease!! Wahoo! I will still go to a specialist and pepper him with questions, but judging from my research, the pain and joint swelling I've been experiencing are probably diet-related, as in food allergies. Gluten is highest on the suspect list. I've gone gluten-free, this week, and have a massive amount of energy, all of a sudden. We'll stay gluten-free and pure. Let's face it; we probably should have done this years ago. Our diet improved when I began going to the gym and I did manage to lose 25 pounds in the past year, but apparently that just wasn't enough. Onward!
I haven't finished any books in the past week! But, I'm on the verge . . . hopefully, tonight. Since this is a book blog, it seems only right to toss in a book pic.
The first book I recall falling in love with:
Jiggers is the story of a dog who becomes lost during a blizzard. I think. I haven't read it in a few years. Note that I keep my copy in a plastic bag. This is not the copy I had as a toddler. When I realized I didn't have my childhood copy, I became a bit obsessed with finding one and eventually located it on eBay at a reasonable price. Do you remember the first book you fell in love with?