Recent arrivals (top to bottom):
- Close Encounters of the Furred Kind by Tom Cox - Purchased
- Father's Day by Simon Van Booy - from HarperCollins for review
- Modern Girls by Jennifer S. Brown - from NAL for review
- The Last Goodnight by Howard Blum - from HarperCollins for review
- Glory Over Everything by Kathleen Grisson - from Simon & Schuster for review
Of course, you know the arrival of this one involved cheering and bouncing:
It's always a great day when a new Simon Van Booy book arrives!
Books finished since last malarkey:
- Iris Grace by Arabella Carter-Johnson
- The Heart by Maylis de Kerangal
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel - My first #Weirdathon book! And, yessiree Bob, she's a weird one.
Last week's posts:
- #Weirdathon stack and some recommendations - (Photos of weird books, chosen to read and curated by yours truly)
- Fiona Friday - The countertop is my throne (cat photo)
In other news:
So far, I have not convinced myself to return to the Kate Hudson book I started a few weeks ago, partly because I was finding it too general and partly because it requires work. I hate books that involve effort - you know, evaluating your habits and taking notes. Blah. But, I intend to return to it because I don't feel like I got far enough in to give it a fair shake. Maybe this will be the week. Guess we'll find out.
©2016 Nancy Horner. All rights reserved. If you are reading this post at a site other than Bookfoolery or its RSS feed, you are reading a stolen feed. Email email@example.com for written permission to reproduce text or photos.