- Not a darn thing. So, I've decorated the top of this post with a purple and green thing I painted-slash-collaged. I figured you get to see plenty of cats.
Books finished since last Malarkey:
- The Long and Living Shadow by Daoma Winston
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- The Matchmaker's Lonely Heart by Nancy Campbell Allen
- South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami
- So Much Life Left Over by Louis de Bernières
Apart from The Long and Living Shadow, which was a stinker, this was a pretty good 2 weeks.
- How to Astronaut by Terry Virts
- Golden State by Ben H. Winters
Posts since last Malarkey:
- Wish by Barbara O'Connor (book review)
- Klawde: Evil Alien Warlord Cat, Books 3 & 4 by Mariano and Chenoweth (book reviews)
- Fiona Friday - I want something (cat photo)
- Mini Reviews Once Upon a Goat by Richards and Barclay, Pastoralia by G. Saunders, and The Long and Living Shadow by D. Winston (book reviews)
- The Matchmaker's Lonely Heart by Nancy Campbell Allen (book review)
- Fiona Friday (cat photo)
In other news:
I recognized some changes (I recall the captain being offered a gold coin for the job of taking Johanna to her relatives, for example, and there's no money involved in his journey in the movie) but there were times I couldn't recall whether or not the screenplay had deviated from the novel.
I thought it was a decent, if not brilliant, adaptation and I enjoyed it but I definitely like the book better.
Otherwise, I avoided the TV. Since I cleaned out the breakfast nook last weekend, and now I have to drag out supplies to do any artwork, I also haven't done much painting. In fact, the one thing I painted was a failure and went out with the trash, although I'm working on a collage (not the one above, which may or may not be finished). But, the cleaning job paid off when we were able to invite younger son and daughter-in-law over for Sunday dinner and we had this nice table with flip-up leaves (the table that used to be my art table) handy. My intent was to clean the dining room on Saturday but I was diverted by other tasks, and it was nice to actually use the breakfast nook for eating! I don't think that's every happened before in our 9 years at this house. We've always eaten in the dining room or on the patio, sometimes on the couch.
Speaking of the patio, it was briefly cool enough for outdoor time so we sat outside for a bit on Saturday, yay! Unfortunately, the heat and humidity are back and eating outside was not an option, today (Sunday). The hint of a coming autumn was uplifting, short-lived though it was. I'm always happy to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall.
©2021 Nancy Horner. All rights reserved. If you are reading this post at a site other than Bookfoolery or its RSS feed, you are reading a stolen feed. Email email@example.com for written permission to reproduce text or photos.