- Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones - from William Morrow for review
- Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote - purchased for F2F discussion
- Midnight in Europe by Alan Furst - purchased
- One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis - From William Morrow for review
- The Miracle Girl by Andrew Roe - Unsolicited from Algonquin
- The Pocket Wife by Susan Crawford - From William Morrow for review
- Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson - from Dey Street for review
Hmm, #ReadMyOwnDamnBooksFail? Pretty sure you're not supposed to add heavily to the quantity of books you own before reading them off your own damn shelves.
I'm also mostly certain (fingers crossed) that's the end of the book orders I've placed, for now. The two purchases were from Book Depository, so it took a while for them to arrive. Since Other Voices, Other Rooms is a modern classic and my F2F book group's March selection, they've very kindly chosen my classic read for March. It's going to be difficult waiting to break into it, I confess.
Books finished last week:
- Cakes and Ale by Somerset Maugham - Loved it; review is in draft form.
- Weirdo Simpatico by Katy Bourne - Flash fiction! And, very well done, I might add.
- Orhan's Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian - Had trouble getting through this one but it turned out better than expected.
- Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson - Interesting, but so far not thrilled with this one. I was hoping for more recipes. Near as I can tell, there are exactly 3.
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson - for Black History month.
In other news:
I meant to post for Book Blogger Appreciation Week, today, but I'm writing during a break between storms. The first hours of the day were spent sheltering in the utility room after my weather radio told me in no uncertain terms that I was to find myself a place to hide, post haste. Bossy old thing.
©2016 Nancy Horner. All rights reserved. If you are reading this post at a site other than Bookfoolery or its RSS feed, you are reading a stolen feed. Email email@example.com for written permission to reproduce text or photos.