- The Midnight Cool by Lydia Peelle - from HarperCollins for review
Books finished since last Malarkey:
- Under the Influence by Joyce Maynard
- The View from Flyover Country: Essays by Sarah Kendzior (e-book)
- Appointment in Samarra by John O'Hara - I didn't find my missing classic (It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis) so I decided to go ahead and start another classic, using the very scientific process of choosing a book based on "whatever happens to be closest to the bed". So far, so good. Just pray I don't misplace it.
- Rebirth by Kamal Ravikant
Last week's posts:
- Your Alien Returns by Tammi Sauer and Goro Fujita with a Fiona Friday pic (book review and cat photo)
- Sydney Bridge Upside Down by David Ballantyne (book review)
- Under the Influence by Joyce Maynard (book review)
In other news:
The end-of-year scramble to finish all my reviews has begun and I even wrote on the weekend, something I seldom do, these days (Huzzybuns dislikes it when I play on the computer while he's around). I have stopped doing an end of year wrap-up, in recent years, but I'm hoping to manage one, this year. No guarantees. My reading goals for the year were 100 books total and 1 classic per month. Providing I finish Appointment in Samarra in time, I will have completed both, soon. Wahoo for that! Some of my other goals went splat. I haven't given much thought to goals for 2017, but I do want to continue with the reading of a classic per month because that's something I've enjoyed.
©2016 Nancy Horner. All rights reserved. If you are reading this post at a site other than Bookfoolery or its RSS feed, you are reading a stolen feed. Email email@example.com for written permission to reproduce text or photos.