Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Or, maybe it's WootWoot! Wednesday. That's shaving cream on grass, from last week's band initiation, in case anyone's interested. The tradition is that after the freshman are coated in shaving cream and everyone's hosed down, the seniors write their names in shaving cream on the opposite hill. I love the name-writing tradition. No, nobody is named Woot Woot, as far as I know.
So, ready for some Wahoos? We had a couple of very un-wahooey weeks, but I think we're getting back up to speed, here, adjusting to being a one-cat house. Miss Spooky has made it clear that she is very pleased to be an Only Cat and is still going out of her way to show just how cute she is.
1. Wahoo for the sweet fur friend who changed her routine to keep me company when I came home with an empty pet carrier. They are so sensitive to emotion, I'm telling you. Here she is, working on her beauty routine:
2. Wahoo for those crazy teenagers. I keep flipping through the photos of band kids at their initiation and it's just such a huge upper. I can't look at this and not smile:
3. Wahoo for the tiny anole lizard hatchlings in our overgrown kitchen garden. They're providing endless hours of entertainment, as our breakfast nook window looks right out over the little garden. That little metal garden fence is only about 1/4" thick, by the way.
4. Wahoo for great memories of the smartest, most lovable cat I've ever had the joy of sharing a home with in my life, little Miss Sunshine:
5. Wahoo for tissues. I don't know what I'd have done without all those handy boxes of tissues, last week - maybe gone through a good-sized load of towels.
6. Wahoo for funny husbands. Remember all that rain? Weeks and weeks of rain and a foot of grass? Guess what happens when the grass gets high? The husband mows over the garden hose. Okay, so a few plants tragically died while waiting for the Man of the House to replace the garden hose, but when he did, he actually bought a nicer one. So, next time he mows over the hose . . . okay, we'll just hope we never have to go there.
7. Wahoo for you. All of you. I can't thank all of you enough for the heartfelt messages, last week. I'm so lucky to have met all you book-loving bloggy folks!!
Happy Wednesday, Bloggy People!!!!