1. A deer running across the road from a small forested area, into our neighborhood. No photo because we didn't have the camera, but it was a great moment. We do sometimes see deer in the area, but not typically running into our subdivision.
2. A little anole lizard hatchling! This fellow is a little over 1" long in the body - he's a tiny, tiny creature:
3. The cat. Spooky is trying very hard to let us know there's still a kitty present in the house and that she's a nice one - very companionable and currently devoting herself to an excessive display of feline cuteness:
4. Youngest son (in Coca-Cola shirt) and friend at band initiation, where all were being hosed down by the volunteer fire truck after the freshmen were sprayed with shaving cream (apparently, a time-honored tradition):
5. Teenage boys and mud - always a fun combination, right?
Wishing everyone a happy and safe weekend.